Monday, March 7, 2011

Computers!

There is no way we can go back to the days when we didn't sit at a keyboard staring at a screen all day.  For many of us, we make our living because of computers.  Sometimes I think God in his wisdom should have created us with a built-in power source.....  Speaking of power sources - does it irritate anyone else that there isn't a cell phone on the market with the same type of charger?  I have even had two Blackberry's from the same provider with different charger types!  Come on, this has to bug you!  Where is the public outrage?  Instead of protesting, we follow along like dumb sheep, showing up after our contract is up to pick out our new phone.  We select our new 'complimentary' phone and then have to buy all the 'stuff' that keeps it working because the old phone had different shaped and configured 'stuff'.  Maybe we should open a Cellular 'stuff' co-op where you bring in your old stuff and swap it for someone elses old stuff ........OK I digress ---- back to computers---

Here's what kills me.  The very thing that is supposed to be a time saver, an efficiency tool, and an organizational helper actually sucks away most of my time.  It irritates me more than mosquito bites, keeps me up having late night arguments (I will get this to work - and - now it's getting personal!), caused my addiction to card games, auctions and online shopping....shall I go on?  And now, I am not satisfied with sitting in front of one all day long, I carry an iPad in my pocket book (with yet another different type of 'stuff').  BTW, I had to go to a few online auctions and find some new pocket books to hold my new iPad and associated stuff. 

So now begs the question:  why am I awake writing this blog about computers when I should be sleeping so I am rested for my 7am meeting tomorrow? Computers! Yep, specifically my laptop.  My husband (Steele) and I were getting ready to go upstairs to bed when I realized that I hadn't packed up my laptop and the various charging, connecting and logon 'stuff' that go with it for work tomorrow.  In his loving and helpful fashion, Steele turned off my laptop and started packing it up.  What he didn't know was that behind the log in prompt I had left numerous documents open that I was preparing for the presentation tomorrow morning at 7am..................need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment